Everyone is born with a different body type. Some are naturally tall and slender; others are more muscular and stocky. But no matter what body type you have, you can easily achieve the weight and health that is ideal for you.
That is the weight at which you FEEL BEST.
The way to determine your ideal weight is to pay attention to your level of health and vitality. You may weigh more than someone else of your height, yet you could be a lot healthier. It is best to ignore cultural norms, media images, and the opinions of others and pay attention to your own body and how you feel. If you are physically active and your immune system is strong, which means you rarely get sick, you may not need to lose weight at all.
Don’t try to force your body into somebody else’s mold. Doing so will undermine your immune system and create unhealthy stress and frustration.
Hot Tips for Trimming the Fat
Notice that I am using terms like “trimming the fat,” “shedding extra pounds,” and “melting away excess weight.” Your subconscious mind is listening to every word you read, think, and speak. When you repeatedly use words like “weight loss” and “losing weight,” you give the subconscious the message that you have lost something, or you are going to lose something.
Think of that literally. Something lost needs to be found, so your subconscious may immediately go about trying to find and replace every pound you lose!
Here are some practical steps
you can take to shed those excess pounds:
- Start your day with a food-based super-food supplement. I recommend two teaspoons of Hawaiian Spirulina (or 12 tablets), plus a dropper full of VeganSafe Vitamin B12 at least a few times a week.
- If you don’t get out in the sun very often, it is important to supplement with Vitamin D3 (take with equal units of Vitamin A and about 75 mcg Vitamin K2).
- Unless you eat lots of dark leafy greens, you will probably also need to supplement with magnesium. I recommend Calm brand.
- If your immune system needs a boost, try adding 500 mg. Ester-C several times a day.
- You may also want to look into Touchstone Essentials concentrated organic plant extracts.
- Garden of Life organic, raw, food-based vitamins, and New Chapter brand vitamins are also pretty good quality.
When you know your nutritional “bases are covered,” you won’t subconsciously seek to fill the gaps by eating more than you really need. You will be providing your body with energizing B vitamins, cancer-preventing Vitamin D, and potent antioxidants like vitamins A, C, and E to help eliminate the toxins that cause your body to store fat. Note: If you’ve been living on a long-term, garden-fresh, balanced, organic, high-raw diet, and spend at least 20 minutes a day out in the sun below 37 degrees latitude in the Northern Hemisphere, you may not need to take supplements… but then you probably wouldn’t be reading this page and looking for ways to improve your health or body weight.
- Eat Atlantic seaweeds for an ideal balance of minerals. According to Anthony William, the Medical Medium, seaweeds are safe to eat. Most ocean fish are now contaminated and dangerous to eat, but seaweeds, even if they are contaminated, will not release any contaminants into your body. They only absorb toxins from your body.
- Iodine deficiency is one of the most common causes of gaining weight. All types of edible seaweeds are rich in iodine, as well as the other minerals necessary for health. Deep ocean water contains the perfect balance of minerals, and seaweeds reflect that perfect balance. Note: The best seaweeds come from clean, cold water, like Icelandic kelp and Atlantic dulse.
- Drink your breakfast. Start your day with fresh, raw green juice if you have a juicer, or whip up a smoothie in your blender from raw fruits and leafy greens. This is a great way to get the greens you need. Add herbs, garlic, or chick pea miso to create delicious raw soups. I especially like curry flavored raw veggie soups. Anthony William recommends pure, raw celery juice on an empty stomach to heal and reset your digestive system.
- Soak half a cup of Goji berries for about two hours and have them for lunch. You’ll be amazed how satisfied you will feel all afternoon – and they pack a potent antioxidant wallop to help eliminate fat-collecting toxins from your body. If you tend to get sleepy in the afternoon, you may want to eat them in the evening, because they are high in melatonin.
- Other berries are also very high in antioxidants – cranberries, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc. Eat them as often as you can. Anthony William says Wild Maine Blueberries are the most healing food on the planet. Find them in the freezer section of your natural food store.
- Eat plenty of fresh and raw, preferably organic, fruits and vegetables. If you get bored or run out of ideas for meals, there are excellent raw food preparation books available like The Raw Gourmet, by Nomi Shannon and Brian Clement. Trust your intuition and pay attention to how you feel and you will be guided to the best balanced diet for you. Just make sure to avoid the high fat recipes!
- Ask your body! Your body knows exactly what it needs. Before you put anything in your mouth, ask your body if it wants it or not. It may tell you that it wants three organic strawberries for breakfast, and that’s it. Or it may ask for something as exotic as dragon fruit. If you keep asking, you will soon recognize exactly what your body wants – and perhaps more important, what it doesn’t want. Trust it!
- Eat a variety of raw, fresh, whole, natural foods, including leafy greens, juicy fruits, plus a small amount of fatty foods such as seeds, nuts, and avocados. Limit the fats until you reach your ideal weight, but don’t eliminate them completely, because they are essential for your health.
- Eat Beans. Beans are a great, high-fiber, high-protein food that will keep you feeling satisfied for a long time.
- Include chia seeds, hemp seeds, Hawaiian spirulina, or fresh ground flax meal (grind in a coffee grinder) for healthy Omega Fatty Acid balance. Too much flax can cause estrogen dominance, so limit intake to less than two tablespoons of oil or 1/4 cup of ground seeds per day.
- Cut your fat intake in half. Yes, you do need some fat, but most of us eat way too much of it. I know, I know, it makes food taste so good! But in three months of eating a lower fat diet, you can reset your fat cravings to the new lower, and healthier, level. One good way to lower fat intake is to substitute whole foods like sesame tahini, nut butters, and avocado for all the oils you would otherwise use. In other words, eliminate all oils (with the possible exception of flax oil if your Omega 3 level is low).
- Eat a Plant-Based Whole Foods Diet. The evidence is in and it all points to Plant-Based Whole Foods for health, longevity, and ideal weight maintenance. All the studies telling us that meat, dairy, and eggs are healthy have been paid for by the meat and dairy industry. Don’t believe them. They don’t hold up to scrutiny!
- Don’t Rely on Doctors for Nutritional Advice! Most doctors have less than 24 hours of nutritional education, based on information provided by the meat and dairy industries. One doctor you can trust is Dr. Greger at https://nutritionfacts.org/ – he doesn’t take any money from special interests and provides lots of free, well-researched information in honor of his grandmother who’s life was saved by the information he shares.
- Drink LOTS of pure water to flush out toxins released as your body eliminates excess fat – at least two quarts per day or more, depending on your weight. Add the juice of half a lemon or lime to each 16 oz glass of water to help your body hydrate.
Note: Drinking from plastic water bottles can cause cause estrogen dominance which can cause weight gain.
- Detox!!! Our modern world bombards us with toxic chemicals everyday. It is important to clear them out, or your body will hold onto fat in order to keep the toxins out of your bloodstream. The best way I have found for detoxing is the Medical Medium heavy metal detox recipe (I include it in a smoothie just about every day) and the Medical Medium 28 day raw fruit and vegetable cleanse.
- Change the way you think and feel about your body and your health. As long as you keep thinking of yourself as overweight or unhealthy, your subconscious mind will find ways to support those thoughts. Find ways to appreciate and enjoy life and yourself and you can create healing miracles.
These tips will help you reach your ideal weight in a safe, healthy way.
Ideal Weight Coaching
Email Bernadette Wulf
EFT Practitioner – Reiki Master
Ideal Weight Coach
Phone (707) 824-0675
Business hours Pacific Time
This website is for educational purposes and is not FDA approved, but is protected under the U.S. Constitution rights of freedom of speech and your right to self medicate.
Visit My Other Websites
WulfWorks.com Awakenning to Freedom